Harmony Yoga Pilates Studio is the Calgary Satellite for the SOYA (South Okanagan Yoga Academy) Yoga Teacher Training Program. Each summer we offer a Yoga Alliance registered RYT200 Yoga Teacher Training Program. It is designed for those who wish to immerse themselves in their yoga practice and live it fully for two weeks.
Upcoming Yoga Teacher Training – July 8-23, 2016
(Starts 10 am July 8th and finishes 8 pm July 23rd with graduation).
There are two partial days off during program.Written assignments and a course in Anatomy and Physiology must be completed prior to the immersion portion of the training. Register at your earliest convenience to ensure completion of all homework assignments prior to your arrival. For further information or to register for the RYT200 Yoga Teacher Training Program at Harmony please copy the below link:
1. What is unique about SOYA’s RYT200 Yoga Teacher Training Program? – SOYA has over 20 years of experience training yoga teachers and offers one of the most diverse and accessible Yoga Teacher Training programs available; designed with flexibility, accessibility and transformation at its heart. SOYA training is inclusive of many styles of hatha yoga such as Ashtanga, Sivananda, Yin, Restorative, and Vinyasa while incorporating a very thorough study of yoga philosophy. This outstanding aspect of the SOYA Teacher Training embraces unity in all yogis, regardless of paths and personal styles. Students begin to develop their teaching skills right from day one with practice teaching one-on-one, in small groups, and eventually teaching a full yoga class they themselves have designed!
2. How much experience do I need to attend the training? – For SOYA’s 200-hour training program, we strongly suggest that you have a minimum of one year or more of practice in order to be properly prepared for our training programs.
3. How can I prepare for the program? – We suggest that you maintain a regular, consistent practice, which is a must for any yoga teacher. Start a personal practice and if possible, attend different classes to get a feel for various teaching styles. Keeping a journal to track thoughts, experiences, inquiries, and ideas can be beneficial before (and during) the training program.
4. Is it important that I sign up in advance of the start date for the program? – Yes, there are several written assignments in philosophy and anatomy for you to complete prior to arriving on the first day. It is very important that these assignments are done in advance so you can fully participate in the group discussion and grasp the concepts being presented. There is very little time for extra homework during the program so completing these lessons at home allows you time to focus on your teaching skills and class creation during the program sessions.
5. Will I be prepared to teach at the end of the program? – Without a doubt! SOYA 200-hour programs help students to understand the roots of yogic wisdom while developing teaching skills, business skills and class design. You will graduate with a set of completed and tested lesson plans so that you can begin teaching right away! What is more, if you are feeling unsure or overwhelmed, you are free to contact your SOYA lead trainers with any questions or concerns you have any time after you complete the training program. We consider all graduates as part of the SOYA family and will take care of you!
6. What is the cost of the program and what do the fees include? – The basic fees include the tuition, asana labs, anatomy online training, books and manual. The program fees vary by location depending upon whether or not meals and accommodations are a part of the program. Details are provided on our website. Please visit the teacher training page at http://soyayoga.com/yoga-teacher-training/ for further information about immersion training offered in Calgary.
7. What payment plan arrangements does SOYA offer? – Once the deposit is paid, we can offer a payment plan leading up to the start of the training date. Fees can be paid over several months by credit card or post-dated cheques. However, all training fees must be paid in full before the start of the training program, so plan ahead if you wish to spread the payments out over many months.
8. If I need to cancel what is the cancellation policy? – Your deposit is non-refundable, however, we have a couple of options available before students withdraw. If you are unable to attend the 200 hour at the location you signed up for, it is often possible for you to transfer to one of our other locations and attend the program there. We will hold your deposit for one year from the date of the program you originally signed up for. After one year the deposit is non-refundable.