- You are here:
300 Hour Yoga Therapy Teacher Training
Harmony Yoga Pilates Studio offers an RYT300 Yoga Therapy Teacher Training Program registered with Yoga Alliance. This 300 hour upgrade can be used to obtain your RYT500 status with Yoga Alliance.
- Intensive program is offered in two modules.
- Both modules MUST BE COMPLETED TOGETHER within the same year.
- Each module is two weeks in length.
- Training runs from 7:30 a.m.-5:45 pm daily with a working lunch.
- One half day off mid-training (June 25th & Aug. 13th 7:30 am-12:30 pm).
First Module: June 19-July 2/15
Second Module: August 7-20/15
Program Investment: $4,100 (includes gst, 1,460 page Yoga Therapy Teacher Training Manual and four required textbooks).
- $1,025 Application Deposit.
- $1,025 Post-dated cheque – June 1, 2015.
- $1,025 Post-dated cheque – July 1, 2015.
- $1,025 Post-dated cheque – August 1, 2015.
Program is open to yoga teachers who have previously completed any 200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training Program. With the completion of this program, you achieve your RYT500 status with Yoga Alliance, if you have already completed an RYT200 Yoga Alliance Registered Program.
Yoga Therapy usually includes working with students on a one-to-one basis or in small group setting. Therapy is prescribed on an individual basis to meet student’s needs and to benefit their healing process and to create body balance. Students are prescribed different asanas, pranayamas, mudras, meditations and other relaxation techniques to increase the flow of prana and energy. Mantra Therapy (spiritual formulas/sacred sanskrit words) are also prescribed for healing, abundance and removal of obstacles to help students with physical, mental and emotional difficulties.
- Therapeutic Modalities and Principles of Yoga Therapy.
- Anatomy and Study of the Sutras of the Body.
- Anatomy Study of Structural Misalignments and Posture Analysis.
- Science of Pranayama and Therapeutic Role and Swara Yoga.
- The Kleshas, Five Koshas and Prana Vayus.
- Role of Marma Therapy and Kriyas for Health.
- Principles of Ayurveda, Ayurvedic Therapy.
- Ayurvedic/Sattvic Yoga Diet.
- The Three Doshas and their Attributes, Nature and Influences.
- Benefits of Asana and Impact on Ayurvedic Doshas.
- Pranayamas and Asanas for Vata, Pitta and Kapha Doshas.
- Functions of the Mind, Ego and Self.
- Various Meditation Techniques and Spiritual Therapies.
- Stress Reduction, Deep Relaxation, Restorative Yoga and Yogic Nidra Techniques for Rest.
- Mantra Therapy for Physical, Mental and Spiritual Health.
- Mudras for Physical, Mental and Spiritual Health.
- Tongue Analysis and Signs of Health.
- Chakra and Kosha Based Therapy and Approach to Healing.
- Therapeutic Applications of Surya Namaskar and Vinyasas for Therapy.
- Therapeutic Applications of the Neck, Shoulders and Wrists.
- Therapeutic Applications of the Spine, Core, Hips, Knees and Feet.
- Working with Disk Herniations, Sciatica, Piriformis Syndrome and SI Joint Pain.
- Yoga for Heart Disease, Hypertension and High Blood Pressure.
- Yoga for Respiratory Disorders, COPD and Asthma.
- Yoga for Urinary Disorders, Menstruation and Menopause.
- Yoga for Digestive Disorders, Under-eating and Overeating.
- Yoga for Endocrine Disorders and Diabetes.
- Yoga for Arthritis, Osteoporosis and Frail Seniors.
- Yoga for Fibromyalgia and Chronic Fatigue.
- Yoga for Musculoskeletal and Chronic Pain Relief.
- Yoga for Trauma, Brain Injury and Eye Disorders.
- Yoga for Cancer and Increasing Immunity.
- Yoga for Sinuses, Headaches, Migraines and Repetitive Strain.
- Yoga for Stress, Substance Abuse and Addictions.
- Yoga for Insomnia, Anxiety, Depression and Grief.
- Ethics for Yoga Therapists and Client Management.
- Principles of Yogic Counseling for Vata, Pitta and Kapha.